The Caribbean offers a tropical escape for all sunseekers during the winter months. With a wide range of beautiful islands to pick from you are sure to find a destination, and an all-inclusive resort that’s right for you.
When escaping the winter, what is your goal? Is it to get in some much needed R & R, is it to explore an island and see what it has to offer or maybe you simply want to expand your palette and experience local cuisine.
1. Punta Cana, Dominican Republic: Punta Cana is known for its stunning beaches and all-inclusive resorts. But here is where you will also find Scape Park where you can enjoy various activities like zip-lining, biking, diving exploration, and cenote (natural pool) swimming. Resorts like Excellence Punta Cana and Secrets Cap Cana offer luxurious accommodations, gourmet dining, and plenty of water sports and activities to keep you busy if that’s what you desire.
2. Jamaica: Jamaica is famous for its vibrant culture and beautiful landscapes. When in Jamaica you must experience the climb up Dunn’s River Falls in Ocho Rios (don’t forget your water shoes). Montego Bay and Negril are popular destinations for all-inclusive resorts. You may want to consider Sandals Royal Caribbean or Couples Negril for an adults-only experience.
3. Riviera Maya, Mexico: The Riviera Maya boasts beautiful beaches, ancient ruins, and vibrant nightlife. Resorts like El Dorado Royale and Secrets Maroma Beach offer top-notch amenities and easy access to the region's attractions. Or maybe you might want to try a smaller boutique hotel, the choice is yours.
4. St. Lucia: For a more secluded and romantic experience, St. Lucia and her twin Pitons make this Island a fantastic choice. Resorts like Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Jade Mountain Resort offer breathtaking views and excellent service for your luxury escape.
5. Aruba: Also called “One Happy Island” is known to have the most sunny days in the Caribbean. Aruba is a very diverse island which makes it a great destination for experimenting with your taste buds. Check out properties like Riu Palace Aruba or for a smaller property try Divi Aruba All Inclusive for a memorable stay.
6. Grenada: Also known as Spice Island is great if you're looking for a less crowded destination, Grenada is a hidden gem. Sandals Grenada and Spice Island Beach Resort offer a peaceful and luxurious experience.
7. Antigua: This is the island for beach lovers, Antigua has 365 beaches, and it's a fantastic destination for sailing enthusiasts. Consider staying at Sandals Grande Antigua (this is one of my favorite resorts) or Jumby Bay Island for a serene getaway.
8. Barbados: Barbados is a great island to explore with its caves and rum distilleries, Barbados combines British charm with Caribbean flair. Sandals Royal Barbados offers excellent all-inclusive options.
If you are looking for tranquil blue waters, a place to explore or a destination to just relax in with a good book, then the Caribbean provides many options for you to choose from.
Planning early helps you get the best price and flight options. You will want to make sure that your passport is up to date and meets the requirement of the destination you have selected.
If you are looking for guidance and help planning your perfect Caribbean escape, then please don’t hesitate to reach out. I would love to help you get there.